Our Family's Verse for Today - Psalms 46:10
Be still and know that I am God.

Monday, February 16, 2009

The five senses

Here is a story that has nothing to do with adoption but gives you a peek into the type of conversations that go on at our house...

Jacob and I were reading a book about the body (he has been very interested in bones, skin, muscles, etc... lately) and there was a page on the five senses. Here is how the conversation went:
Me "What is that?" (pointing to an eye)
Jacob "an eye"
Me "What do you do with your eyes?"
Jacob "see"
Me "what is that?" (pointing to an ear)
Jacob "an ear"
Me "What do you do with your ears?"
Jacob "listen" (can you tell what we have been working on a lot lately??)
Me "What is that?" (pointing to a nose)
Jacob "a nose"
Me "What do you do with your nose?"
Jacob "pick it" (can you tell what we have been unsuccessfully working on lately??)

I do have to admit, it was hard not to laugh!

2 comments:

Christa said...

Oh, I love it....sounds like something we would hear around our house too! So glad I "found" (with you telling me) your blog. Sometimes I can be very clueless!

Erika Bitzan said...

Funniest thing ever. I love the honesty in kids!